Sunday, March 2, 2008

Welcome

Welcome to the Lazy Gal Summer 2007 Class Blog.

The class is open to anyone, but the rules are you have to make the quilt up out of your own head. No patterns. No templates. No EQ quilter. This is all about free-piecing or applique. There will be no set instruction. I'm not going to tell you what to make. But I will hopefully provide you lots of inspiration and encouragement.

The class theme is Repetition. So we'll (or should I say "you") will be taking one or several images or letters or words and making them over and over again, perhaps trying to make each one a bit different. But the truth is, you can actually do whatever you want. No rules except no rules.


You'll need a blogger account if you want to make posts on this blog. But you don't have to post here to be a part of the fun.If you want to participate send me an email (tartbr47 at hotmail dot com).


I need to know:


What name you want to go by?

Do you want to participate in the group blog? If so, I need an email address to send you your invitation to join. (If you don't already have a Blogger account, you will be prompted to create one. you don't have to have a blog, just the account)


Do you have another blog elsewhere that you'd like me to post in the sidebar? If you don't have a blog and don't want to create one, I am willing to add your photos for you as long as I don't get too overloaded.


Everyone will be able to read this blog and leave comments, so I hope you'll stop by and see what's happening here, even if you don't want to play.

Once you've gotten the invitation to join, hop on in and write a post introducing yourself. Please put a label on your post with your name. See how this one says Tonya?

I'll write a post soon with some suggestions for what to make if you don't already have an idea.

12 comments:

Kristin L said...

Hi all. I already told myself not to start anything new. But..... if joining this group is a means to finish a quilt already on my to-do list, then it's OK, right? I won't be jumping in right away, but my idea definitely has repetition and free-piecing. Can I play?

Tracey in CT said...

Hi Tonya, Please add me into this class....maybe THIS time I'll actually finish something!! LOL.

Marsha said...

Love to join!! This is my first experience with any blogging/classes, thanks for all the creativity you are sharing.

Dorothee said...

I'd love to join! Not that I need another project but I have been busy doing things for others, now it's my turn.

I'm Dorothee of http://quilt-o-mania.blogspot.com.

Magpie Sue said...

Hey Ton! I think I've got an idea for my class project. Sign me up!

Crafty Turtle said...

Hi, This is Shannon aka Crafty Turtle in Chicagoland! I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone is making. I just love the idea of free piecing a quilt. I'm all about not following the rules! now, if I could only settle on a theme....

Lily Boot said...

Hi lazy gal! I'd love to take part in this - I am all for repetition - and I'm totally inspired by your houses! Warm regards, lily boot

Marlene said...

Is it too late to join? If not I'd love to. Is it too late to join? If not I'd love to. Oops did I just repeat myself?

the unreliable narrator said...

Whoops, I think the interwebs ate my wordy comment....I was just asking, can a very late arrival play, too? Gorgeous quilting so far, everyone!

Nancy said...

Hello all, I'm delighted to join, even so late! I read and looked at your work for a while--then suddenly found myself sewing wildly three weeks ago. Hooray! Making letters is fun; I'm making my name for the border of the newest quilt. It was OK till I got to the "R" (I suggested to my husband that we change our name). Pictures, I hope, will follow when I master this posting process.
Best, Nancy Ray

superstahr said...

I love the ideas here! Is it too late to join in the fun?

Cathie said...

Hey!
I came across this blogging group and that "what a great idea' -- so here I am ready for some "repetition!!" I go by Cathie and my blog is http://www.clevelandgirlie.blogspot.com