Sunday, March 9, 2008

Fitzy - Sagauro National Park MY INSPIRATION!

Oh my goodness! My inspiration has arrived!

WOO-HOO - I'm doing the happy dance. twirl - twirl - twirl

And geez-louise, all I had to do is look out my window, lol. Note to self: OPEN YOUR EYES WOMAN!

I live just outside Saguaro National Park. Cactusville, USA - Tucson, AZ.

My quilt will reflect the repetition of the cacti, all various sizes, shapes, colors and textures. Cacti absolutely thrill me. My daughter said, "Yeah Mom, I used to feel that way, then I got over it." I haven't gotten over it yet.

I'm so darned excited!

4 comments:

Tonya Ricucci said...

Fabulous idea! I love it. Get sewing!

Juliann in WA said...

I love this. I grew up in Scottsdale with a cactus garden for a front yard. I look forward to seeing your quilt come to life.

Kristin L said...

Oh yes! Saguaros have so much personality already -- it will be fun to see your free-pieced ones!

Possibilities, Etc. said...

I too love cactus - never ending shapes and colors! Here in Texas we are deprived - nothing but prickly pear. I do remember when Cousin Frank in Phoenix was having to water his cactus due to unusual drouth. I can't imagine. His father, my Uncle Ernest, used to tell me stories about the Saguaro - that birds planted seeds in little holes to make them grow arms. (At age 3 I was gullible)