Friday, March 28, 2008

house X5

Thanks for all of the great feedback the other day...I think that I am over the Grrr--argh part right now about the houses (my son is calling the big ones hotels)...I woke up at 5 this morning and couldn't go back to sleep---All I wanted to do was sew, sew, sew....
SO I did, and after listening to my husband go on about how he LOVES my larger quilts that we can actually use--I am going to try to make this one big!!! I am also flirting with the free-hand fans (we just got tivo and I am needing some hand work.)
BUT first things first--I am just sewing and cutting, cutting and sewing. I am leaving the "hotels" at the moment to work on a weird hill and a setting--maybe an inner border around the houses on the hill and then some trees around that---then some stars---WORDS-- the sky is the limit. Maybe my brain will let me sleep tonight???? Can you tell that I am excited??-- and the final project isn't that important to me at this point and that is refreshing--there are parts of what I have that I really like and others, not so much---BUT the "whole" I am quite satisfied with...hooray! (the other houses are not trashed, but I am not looking at them right now--maybe in a few days.) Have a fabulous weekend!!!

9 comments:

Kristin L said...

I love these and the grassy hill too. It all has such a wonderful goofy joy to it. I have no idea how I missed your first post -- I didn't realize that my houses were the inspiration! How cool is that?! You can tell you son that we live in a house like these -- they're not nearly as big as a hotel, but tall and pretty skinny and all squashed together in a row with no space between. My kids' room is up under the roof so they have a slanted ceiling.

How about surrounding the houses on the hill with a border and then more houses (even the ones you don't like so much -- they'll get lost in the whole neighborhood). I like the focus mostly on the houses.

kimberlym said...

I love your "hotels" they are very fun!

Carol E. said...

I love these funny houses! They make me laugh! It'll be fun to go wild and make this big. I'm eager to see how it turns out.

Magpie Sue said...

Well, I haven't been back to see any of your previous posts but I LOVE these houses! Go with the flow; it will be fun to see what you end up with!

Diane said...

I didn't want to say this before, but now that your son has broken the ice, the long, low, yellow house reminded me of a Motel 6! Love your work!

Anonymous said...

Your houses are darling, they have a TON of personality! I'm anxious to see where you go with the hill and stars and trees and words, sounds like fun. I know what you mean about lying awake with your mind going on and on about a QuIP.
Andrea

Hedgehog said...

I just love your houses (and hotels)! Love! Can't wait to see how it develops.

Tonya Ricucci said...

so wonderful to read how excited you were working on these blocks - it's great when you get into the groove that way. I love your tall skinny houses - sooo much character.

Lynda said...

These buildings (like that description?) look so great! The way they fit together makes them look really cosy and welcoming. I'm looking forward to seeing this quilt develop.