Friday, March 28, 2008
Teapot and teacups
I'm just about to start the handstitching with pearl cotton on the little wall hanging gift for my Norwegian relative, two tea cups and a tea pot. Thanks for giving me the little push I needed to try "drawing" with handstitches! Also, it's funny how a little "goof" made me sweat but I think the solution I came up with makes the quilt more interesting: I noticed that the outer border had a tiny nick in it that needed to be covered up, and after lots of thinking, I decided to cover it with an appliqued modernistic dahlia-ish blossom. I'll handstitch a stem and some leaves in green, and to keep it simple, that means the steam coming out of the tea cups will also be olive green. And that "mistake" also serendipitously leads to what I think will be enough quilting in the background area around the tea cups and pot. Please send me your positive vibes for handstitching! I hope to post a picture, I have to get together with a friend to show me how to do it!