Wednesday, March 12, 2008

How many more bees?

I've been churning out the B's and variations of them. Now I'm figuring out how to arrange them. I've got three background colours: white, black, and the pink floral for the bumble bees.
I also made a partner for the first bumble bee. They're a bit cuter than the quilts I usually make, but I'm trying to be open to pushing myself. But now I'm wondering: make more letters, or start sewing them together into words and phrases to arrange them into a quilt top?


6 comments:

Nancie said...

Your bees are just 2 cute!!! I love them on the pink floral against the black.

Kristin Shields said...

Love, love, love this! Can't wait to see it put together.

Tonya Ricucci said...

Brenda, this is so much fun. I think you've got plenty here to put together unless there is something else in particular you want to say. Very fun (saying it twice seemed to be in keeping with the theme of the quilt!)

kimberlym said...

I just love your whole idea here and the bees are so cute!

Lynda said...

I agree with Tonya, that you've got a good basis for your quilt. It might benefit from a little more background fabric here and there, to make the letters stand out more? Looking forward to seeing what you do with it all!

Quiltdivajulie said...

2 B or not 2 B... a truly excellent idea. Your work and your sense of humor is WONDERFUL!