Thursday, March 6, 2008

Mary in Colorado

Tonya--thanks for the invitation. I've been reading your blog for a couple of months and love your choice of color. I know from experience that your "lazy" way of quilting is for me actually more work--but I want to try it anyway. I have an older brother who collects marbles, and I thought to make him a marble quilt (you know the little round things you play with, not statues and floors).

I don't know how I'll do it, but I've already started to collect pictures of marbles so I'll have inspiration; should be an interesting summer adventure.

Mary

3 comments:

Tonya Ricucci said...

I suspect it was easier for me to give up the "rules" of quilting b/c I was never very good at them anyway. But this can be really satisfying, so give it a good shot.

maybe some words about how your brother is missing some of his marbles. ;-) {For the non-native English speakers, that's slang for someone being a bit crazy, not "all there," "the lights are on but no one is home"...}

Somewhere in the basics are instruction for making circles - you could try that direction as well for making marbles.

good luck and it sounds fun.

Juliann in WA said...

Marbles sound fun - I can think of some fun fabrics that you could use - maybe some batiks or hand dyed pieces.

black bear cabin said...

hi mary,
im in colorado too...nice to see a neighbor on here :)
look forward to seeing everyones ideas come to life~
cheers~
lisajo