Sunday, March 23, 2008

Look What I Made!



I started out with repetitions of the letter C. That didn't last long... it morphed into an ode to myself! I used all my names, names of my husband and kids and included my birthplace. Also included giraffes - how could I not?? There are a couple of things still just pinned on, so it's not totally done, but it's close.

I am contemplating borders. I think I have an idea, but am not sure I have enough of the fabric I want to use. I'll save that decision for later.

When I started this project, it was going to be a small wall-hanging. Now I've decided it's my lap quilt and can stay with me when I'm in the Alzheimers unit at the nursing home. When someone else walks off with my quilt, it'll be easy to identify that it's really mine.

8 comments:

Juliann in WA said...

This is so fun. The colors are so lively. I really like the words on the bottom row.

Tonya Ricucci said...

that's so much fun, Carol. I love all the bits and pieces that are important to you. You're right - no one could doubt that's yours. great!

Anonymous said...

I basolutely love your colors and the randomness in your quilt, and the yellow bordered giraffe is zany!
Andrea

Kristin L said...

I love how free and colorful this is. Wacky borders would be a great addition.

Brenda said...

This is wonderful, Carol. I like yours colours. Can you tell me what the signs are on the bottom left? I know the top one says Carol, but what about the others?

Quiltdivajulie said...

Absolutely marvelous!!! I'm so far behind, I haven't even stitched my first bit yet. But I will soon.

My mom had a quilt that I made for her in the Alzheimer's unit where she lived... others were jealous but never took it away (despite all the dire warnings I was given about special items sprouting legs)....

jmb_craftypickle said...

This is WONDERFUL!!! I just love it..it all seems to be coming together and is very nice.

Carol E. said...

The sign language sections spell out my name, then they spell Panama (I was born there), then they spell the names of my husband, daughter, and son. Thanks for all the nice comments!
Carol E.