Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Quiltdivajulie Checking In

Quiltdivajulie in Memphis here ~ I had so much fun & learned so much during Tonya’s First Ever Lazy Gal Online Class that I’m back for more!

Repetition ~ hmmm.... What should I use for my motif?
(ponder, ponder, ponder...)

I want to do a some kind of a year-long quilt project for 2008 using lots of brights, but haven't been able to settle on any kind of plan. Sooooo, this class will be my motivation and inspiration to play around with ... WONKY HOUSES! And the best part is, there’s no plan required!

I already have the back/border/focal fabric ~ here’s a photo of it (on the bottom) with a few of the brights that I had already pulled from my stash. These have been sitting on an open shelf in my studio, waiting for inspiration. And, thanks to Tonya, that inspiration has happened!!

More pondering....will need to pull a lot of scrappy blues next since ALL of my houses will have blue skies.... and some greens since they’ll each need some kind of lawn and lots of trees... and a few yellows, just in case I want to add a spot of sunshine here or there... Ohhh, I love playing with fabric and color!



----------------------
"I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn't say any other way -- things I had no words for" (Georgia O'Keefe)

2 comments:

Tonya Ricucci said...

those are GORGEOUS fabrics. Wonky houses, wheeeee!!! sounds like great fun.

Carol E. said...

I Loooovve your background fabric. What fun!