Monday, March 10, 2008

I want to play too!

I'm Mary in MN (Minneapolis) and I'm a big fan of Gwen Marston's work as well as Tonya's. My quilts tend to be simple, scrappy, and traditional. String quilts have always been a favorite of mine and a particular focus of my quilting this past year with the HeartStrings Quilt Project.

Fall is my favorite season and each year I've quilted I've tried to make a fall quilt. For this project, I plan to work with trees with the goal of having my quilt top finished by Fall. I'll be out of town most of this week and I'm getting ready for a move in a few weeks so my start may lag a little behind but I'm excited about participating.

1 comment:

Tonya Ricucci said...

Mary, glad to have you in the class. Sounds like an excellent plan. I don't envy you the moving - eeek, but I know it will be wonderful once you are settled.