Monday, March 17, 2008

more zinnias

Hope you aren't too tired of my zinnias. I tried Mary's idea out and it seems to have worked well. Thanks again! I ended up using 1 1/4 in. strips for the petals - not too skinny - not too fat.
This isn't the setting I'll use but wanted to see how they would look in the background.
Sarah mentioned that Jan Mullen has something similar called daisiez. She sure does! I found her website (stargazey.com) and sure enough, what we came up with looks a lot like her daisiez.
It's interesting - doesn't bother me - hope it doesn't bother her :)

8 comments:

Brenda said...

These are great, Cheryl! I really like your fabric choices, and the green/blue batik is great as a background. It's going to look like a summer quilt.

Carol E. said...

I love your zinnias. As for re-inventing daisez.. all I can say is GMTA.

Tonya Ricucci said...

These look great. I love the width - you're right, not too wide not too narrow.

Kristin Shields said...

Beautiful! The fabrics you chose are really stunning!

Lynda said...

These look fabulous! It's amazing what a difference a simple corner triangle makes to the whole.

black bear cabin said...

i love em...in fact i may have to steal one or two for mine :) that background fabric is really pretty too!
lisajo

jude said...

love this, so simple and such a great way to use color.

Hedgehog said...

This just screams summer to me!