Monday, March 24, 2008

Late Arrival to Class


Hello all, Sue in western Washington, USA here. I've already made some free style quilts but thought it would be fun to be part of one of Tonya's classes. And I have a friend facing some health issues; I want to make a small quilt for her. So I'm going to do some wonky hearts. At least, I hope they'll be wonky! The last time I tried free pieced hearts they didn't turn out the way I wanted. This will be an opportunity to practice making hearts until I get the look I'm after. I have found that having some form of accountability, like this class, helps to keep me on task.

It may be a little bit before I have anything to show on this new project. I recently made a small improvisational quilt to swap with a fellow blogger. It turned out so well my husband won't let me give it away! I have to quickly make a second quilt to send to her and then I can start on my hearts. In the meantime, if you want to see what else I've been up to my blog is From the Magpie's Nest.

4 comments:

Brenda said...

this is really fun, and I'm glad you kept it. sometimes you just have to keep it! Good luck on your project.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Not to worry about starting later - I joined early on but have yet to stitch my first bit! I've been finishing other projects and dealing with life in general. In the meantime, I'm absorbing all the inspiration I can from the other amazing people in this class!!

Tonya Ricucci said...

Hi, Sue, glad to have you in the class. Making the hearts over and over will be a great way to play and get them looking exactly like you want them to be. Plus you may end up with leftovers for a fun orphan quilt - I know you're great with those.

andreaelizabeth said...

HI Sue, With so many traditional heart patterns out there, wonky will be fun and unique, and your friend will love it, I know. I have a couple projects to finish for other people too before starting my turtle quilt.
Andrea, MN