Tuesday, March 11, 2008

I'm thinking flowers

Hi all ~ I just joined the group (thank you Tonya) and am looking forward to playing with you. I've quilted for about 30 years but free piecing is new to me and I can't wait. My inspirations are Tonya, Gwen Marston , Gee's Bend Quilters and everybody out there who is trying this. I have a t-shirt quilt that I will be machine quilting in the next few days, so it will give me lots of time to think about my project.
We have about 2 feet of snow here so I am thinking flowers.....maybe zinnias (I could use the asterik tutorial) with the letter z (it's such a great looking and sounding letter) OR sunflowers OR a whole garden full of different flowers. I'll keep you posted :)

3 comments:

jmb_craftypickle said...

I like the z & zinnia idea...much better than snow!

black bear cabin said...

hehehe....
my theme will be very similar, as i too am in a snowy area! :)
im thinking spring!
cheers!
lisajo

Tonya Ricucci said...

sounds like great fun! Love the idea of zzzzzzzzinias. Glad to have you in the class.