Tuesday, May 6, 2008

I Would Love to Get Started...

But I can't even decide on a palette at this point!

I want to make a wall hanging for a friend of mine who moved away a couple of years ago. I'm planning to do hearts, at least to begin with. When I think of her I think of the dolls she used to make (clowns were her particular favorite) and the house she used to live in. Now she's into altered books and I have no idea how she has decorated her current home. I thought of reds at first because of the heart theme and because I know she is a fan of strong colors. Or a polychromatic scheme using pure hues. I really enjoy very scrappy quilts. But I also have these luscious batiks in purples and... I don't even know what to call that other color! Suffice to say it's a sort of golden neutral. (I'm too lazy to go take a picture for you.) I guess I'm afraid I don't have enough variety of prints in the neutral. I'll get bored using the same thing over and over again. Shopping is a bit of an issue for me or I'd simply go out and buy more! My favorite LQS is having a sale this week so I will probably venture out eventually anyway. I'm just not sure what direction to pursue. I know it will be an effort to stay on task when I'm in the quilt shop. But having a purpose makes it easier.

It sounds like I want to go with the purple color scheme in my heart of hearts. Any suggestions or input would be appreciated however :- )

2 comments:

Tonya Ricucci said...

you have the purples, you're excited about using them, I say go for it! maybe the variety in the purple will make up for the lack of variety in the neutral. on the other hand, good excuse to go shopping- woohoo!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Work with the colors you love and your friend will love the results...