Thursday, April 17, 2008

some pics

Hi Tonya, it's Elizabeth - I have to figure out how to have it put my name! thanks for your comment. where can I find the rose tutorial??!


after posting last night, I thought to add some images, so here are a few

this is a piece that has been waiting for years to come to a conclusion - it was a repetition of large, upholstery weight corduroy squares/ rectangles. I'm going to use some of the chenille bedspread to back it. yay!





this is the chenille with some florals...














and this is something that I put together with the idea of trellis/ rose... but it isn't big enough to be a blanket on its own.




















but it got me to thinking that I could take another dark print and mix it with another chintz and then cut them into larger squares to piece together for a blanket sized blanket :-) repeat until arriving at desired size.

4 comments:

Tonya Ricucci said...

Hi, Elizabeth. I've added your name to the labels, so the next time you post, just click on labels (in the bottom right area) and then click your name. Ah, now I see what you're talking about with your fabrics - helps to have pictures. hmm, maybe the rose tutorial wouldn't be for you with these fabrics (seems like they need to be used larger) but here is Tracey's tutorial:

http://ozcountryquiltingmum.blogspot.com/2008/03/free-piecing-tutorial-i-am-trying-to.html

the short half of the rest of it said...

thanks Tonya!
for the label and the link :-)
I'll definitely take a look at the roses, it would be good to step out of the straight line sewing box that I use most often and the idea for this is still very much unformed, still very flexible - I am delighted to have this forum, helps to get me to make time in the flow of days :-)
take care,
Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

Love the trellis/rose with the dark print and the big floral. Hope to see what you decide to do with it!
Andrea

Magpie Sue said...

Oooo, I like where this is going! I think you have a very workable idea for making it bigger.