Sunday, April 20, 2008
Finally some sewing!
While I may not have been posting, I have done some little bits and pieces of work in between all the craziness around here. The week before the recital, I did play with some wonky piecing. I managed to (finally) make a house block to send to Bonnie.
Then I was determined to work on some basket blocks. For some reason, I've been avoiding doing them for fear of doing them 'wrong'. LOL. So I decided to just jump in. I made these two blocks. I really like the yellow background, so I'll probably stick more or less with that idea. I actually hand appliqued the handes, which was quite a challenge for me. I'm happy with some aspects of that, not so thrilled with other parts of it...I had a hard time getting them to lay flay, I suppose that is a matter of practice. These blocks are bigger than I had intended, they are mor like 8 or 9" blocks, though I haven't trimmed them yet, and won't until I get a lot more made. I came to a standstill on these because I was having sewing machine troubles. I was at the cabin, and the machine I have there got a thread wrapped around something on the inside and now needs a service. Hopefully I can get that resolved this week, then back to more baskets.