Wednesday, April 16, 2008

not yet started, but happy to be here

Just to say hello to the group. I signed up a few weeks ago and have been checking in for inspiration.  I have a chenille bedspread in a dusty rose that I want to use, with various floral remnants, but have not yet come up with my 'repetition'.  
hmmm, maybe roses! the chenille could be fun texture.
I have made patchwork/piecework blankets over the years, usually two sided, usually geometric, always free form.  I enjoy working without a pattern (though I should probably take that challenge!)  I recently learned to knit, but definitely think more like a sew-er than a loop de loop-er.


1 comment:

Tonya Ricucci said...

welcome. but you didn't say who you are. Have you seen Oz Country Quilting Mum Tracey's recent tutorial on free-piecing roses? It's fun. I guess I thought of it because you mentioned "rose" in your post, but that was a color, not the flower. good luck.